I listened to the audible version of this book around December 2017. This book was recommended to me by my beauty therapist who is really into hypnotherapy. Joe Vitale starts the book introducing the famous story of a therapist who cured an entire ward of mentally disturbed patients by healing himself while looking at pictures of these patients in his office. It was phenomenal. That man is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len who explained that he took 100% responsibility for the problems in these patients and resolved their problems using Ho'oponopono, a Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. There is now an updated format of this method known as Self I-dentity Through Ho'oponopono (SITH). I hope to attend a SITH training one day.
The simplest way to practice Ho'oponopono is to set your intention to heal and repeat the following:
I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.
Alternatively, you can listen to the absolutely beautiful Ho'oponopono song sung by Susan Osborn, Hanayo and Aman. The song repeats those phrases in English and Japanese.
The premise of Ho'oponopono is as follows:
1. The physical universe is an actualisation of my thoughts.
2. If my thoughts are cancerous, they create a cancerous physical reality.
3. If my thoughts are perfect, they create a physical reality filled with love.
4. I am 100% responsible for creating my physical universe the way it is.
5. I am 100% responsible for correcting the cancerous thoughts that create a diseased reality.
6. There is no such thing as out there. Everything exists as thoughts in my mind.