Hello there, my name is Sandy. I am a patient listener and would love to hear your stories.
I like challenges and untangling complicated things. I am currently studying counselling at Monash University. As a trainee counsellor, I have completed Level 1 and 2 training from the Gottman Institute and an emotionally-focused therapy externship.
I practice non-violent communication and mindful self compassion. I love to read and am an avid farmer.
"I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself and not betray your own soul." Excerpt from "The Invitation" by Oriah
- Level 1 and Level 2 training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy from Gottman Institute
- EMDR Level 1 Training from EMDRAA accredited Therapist Training Australia
- Level 1 in Emotionally-Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) and Trauma from VICEFT
- Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) externship from TCEFT
- Clinical Training in Imago Relationship Therapy Module 1
- Certificate for Foundations of Positive Psychology offered by UPenn on Coursera
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program from UMass Memorial
- Mindful Self Compassion intensive course with Chris Germer in Kenya
- Nonviolent Communication practice group from NYCNVC
- Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World program from Oxford Mindfulness Center
- Happiness Program from the Art of Living